Healthrender

Health News, Trends, and Information

E cigarettes Are Catching Fire

E-cigarettes are catching fire

E-cigarettes are catching fire

DES MOINES " Light up a cigarette in an Iowa restaurant, office or even the Capitol rotunda and, at best, you’ll be told to put it out. You could get slapped with a fine. Fire up an electronic cigarette in any of those places, and there’s no problem.

Electronic cigarette flavors are catching fire

Electronic cigarette flavors are catching fire

Berkey convinced Heidi Braun, another Apple employee, to join him. A non-smoker and an asthmatic, Braun wasn't exactly the ideal business partner for an e-cigarette smoke juice business. "But I trusted Christian's ability to come up with a business plan ...

E-cigarettes debate catching fire

E-cigarettes debate catching fire

JOHNSTOWN " As debate ignites over the burgeoning electronic cigarette industry and a regulatory crackdown looms, former smokers using the handheld vaporizers to kick rolled tobacco, as well as those trying to keep kids safe in light of aggressive ...

Woman's horror as e-cigarette explodes and sets fire to her bed while being recharged using her charger

Woman's horror as e-cigarette explodes and sets fire to her bed while being recharged using her charger

Office manager Miss May said: 'I had my e-cigarette on charge and went to sleep - next thing I knew I woke up to a fire. 'The flames were crackling and roaring on my duvet and dressing table, I jumped out of bed and threw a suitcase over them. 'If I had ...

NY hospital wrongfully bans electronic cigarettes after patient catches fire

NY hospital wrongfully bans electronic cigarettes after patient catches fire

Although there is no proof that the electronic cigarette was the cause of the hospital patient catching fire, Dr. Sandra Sulik, the hospital's vice president of medical affairs, is convinced an e-cigarette sparked the fire. "There's no doubt about it," she ...

BLAST AFTER E-CIGARETTE CHARGE FIRE

BLAST AFTER E-CIGARETTE CHARGE FIRE

A woman has escaped from an explosion at her family home after a fire caused by an e-cigarette plugged into a faulty charger. The incident, which happened at a property in Southampton Road, Ringwood, Hampshire, is the latest in a string of incidents in the ...

E-cigarettes under fire: New study warns of secondhand smoke from e-cigarettes

E-cigarettes under fire: New study warns of secondhand smoke from e-cigarettes

E-cigarettes are coming under fire because a new study shows that particles from e-cigarettes do not only harm e-cigarette users but also those around them. The most recent study, which analyzed exactly what was in e-cigarette vapors, was conducted by ...

E Cigarettes Offer Less Fire Hazard, Less Pollution

E Cigarettes Offer Less Fire Hazard, Less Pollution

April 27 /PRNewswire/ " E Cigarettes are catching on in popularity in the United States ... and you’re not constantly having to worry about accidentally setting fire to something.” The number of fatal house fires in the United States caused by ...

Thor Hacker: Colorado smoker claims e-cigarette exploded, caught bed on fire

Thor Hacker: Colorado smoker claims e-cigarette exploded, caught bed on fire

I walk in here, the beds on fire, I thought it was my girlfriend's curling iron," Hacker said. Using a blanket to smother the flames before they spread, Hacker suffered burns to his arm, hands and face. When the smoke cleared he saw that his e-cigarette ...

Health Topics